Tuesday, July 14, 2015

My Realistic Packing List

What to pack? The eternal dilemma of what to pack? 

I wrote a post about what I packed during my US and Mexico trip and I have yet to update you about that list.  Well, I brought too much!  According to my list, I brought with me 5 pairs of shoes (rubber shoes, boots, ballet flats, black pumps, slippers); brought 3 too many jackets, forgot to bring a towel, a swimsuit, and I only had  1 short sleeved shirt for sleeping (expecting it would be Autumn everywhere).

Just a few days into my travel in New York, I realized that I wasn't using much of the other stuff that I bought.  So along with my shopping from the outlet, I sent a few pairs of shoes and my jackets back home in a balikbayan box. 

What was wrong with my packing list was, I was packing with only fashionable New York in mind.  I wanted to look good when I walked along Fifth Avenue, or feel like Carrie Bradshaw when I sip a cosmopolitan.  In reality, wind wasn't blowing my hair or skirt while I strut along scaffolding-filled Fifth Avenue.

EXPECTATION
This time, I have to be true to myself and set a realistic packing list. I won't bring what I won't wear in Manila. I'm a lazy person, the wash-and-wear type.  I wear jeans and tshirt everyday with occasional dresses every other weekends.  I don't put on necklaces because I get stiff necks, nor do I like thinking about what I'm going to wear.  I don't wear a lot of make up, wear high heels for more than 2 hours, nor drink cocktails! I prefer beer.

REALITY haha
With this thought in mind, let me present to you my updated *realistic* packing list for Europe:

Clothes
2 pants (black and blue denim skinny jeans)

2 pairs of shorts (denim, sleeping shorts)
2 pairs of shoes (Roche run, skull slip ons)
1 pair of slippers
2 jackets (UNIQLO Down feather jacket, 1 rain jacket)
1 L/S shirts
2 L/S tshirts

3 S/S tshirts
2 S/L button down blouse
3 dresses (a L/S, S/S, lounging)
2 scarves

1 bandana
1 swimwear
5 pairs of socks
12 miscellaneous underwears
1 Sea to Summit towel

Gadgets
Chromebook
1 iPhone 6 (for roaming and Camera)

1 waterproof case
1 HTC M8 (open line)
1 11000 mAh Power Pack
1 Sony Smartwatch 3
1 numeral padlock for hostels
1 cord lock for lugguage

1 Rayban shades

Medicine
Biogesic

Antibiotic
Immodium
Nu Skin Enchancer

Benzoyle Peroxide
Ping On (my ever reliable ointment)

Make Up
CC Cream
Face powder
Eyebrow Cream
Eyeliner
Blush on
Lip Balm
Lipstick

Toiletries + Make Up
Shampoo
Conditioner
bar of soap
face wash, fem wash
deodorant
razor
nail cutter & nipper
sun screen for face

Documents
Passport
Air tickets (printed and e-copies)
Driver’s License
Bank Card
Credit Cards


9 days to go!!!!!!!! OMG... *vomit*


No comments:

Post a Comment