Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I AM GOING TO MEXICO!!!

There is no more appropriate title to announce my trip to Mexico than to say I AM GOING TO ...

When I was planning my trip, I was deciding whether I would go up North and see Canada or go to the South to see Mexico, but finally decided TO GO TO MEXICO!!!

Mexico is such an elusive place for me and it's like a dream that I am actually going!  I am going to Mexico!!!

Last August 15, I did it and bought my ticket to Mexico!!!  As I have mentioned in my previous post, I will be spending a month there flying in from Austin, Texas!

Trying to plot my route around Mexico wasn't as easy as planning my USA trip because I have been staring at the USA map for 5 years now (since I started planning on going); it was only recently that I started to read travel guides, blogs, travel forum posts, and watching YouTube travel videos just to get an idea on what to do and how to go around.

Finally my friend Zara gave me a great link that helped me alot!  It was an itinerary for a package tour around Mexico.  It was a gold mine of information on where to go and what to see.  I combined all the information I got from forums and blogs and finally concluded my itinerary as follows:

Fly in to Cancun from Austin.  Stay here for a week to learn Spanish before heading to Playa del Carmen.  On the way to stay 3 nights in Palenque, I will stop over at Campeche; and then head to Santo Cristo de Casas for 3 more nights and then Oaxaca for 3 days before I head to spend a week in Mexico to go to Lake Patzcuaro for Dia delos Muertos!  For those who has been, what do you think of my itinerary?

I am so excited that I'm actually a little scared! haha I have so much to do, so much to prepare!  I have to start figuring out what to pack! afdhkjldhfklhfajdhf *faint*

2 comments: